Wednesday, July 30, 2014
Monday, July 28, 2014
As Pastors we guard our family time fiercely! This weeks list of things to do are.... Branson Lake time and our reserved Thursday Dinner Time at the Crane's home.(for encouragement to others to guard their family time)
Decor Theme is Seaside.(seems to be our summers theme)
Fish Taco's with Mango Salsa
Pineapple Lime Rice
Slow Cooked Crock Pot Sweet Chicken
Sides: side salad or a sauteed Veg. mix
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 sweet onion (small, diced)
- 20 ozs crushed pineapple
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- diced mushrooms and scallions if desired
- combine and cook on low all day
- Pina Colada Bars
Music and Beach scenes: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0DoJ4I0NJR0
I found these great lemonade sodas. Love these bottles!
Saturday, July 26, 2014
On weekends my husband and I have what we call " Next's Weeks Chat." We get to budget, plan and organize, the best way we can, for the next week. So, with pen, paper, folders,digital calender, and laptops we are set....... oh yes!and sometimes a little( Chet Baker playing in the background)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z4PKzz81m5c MUSIC SAMPLE
If we are not out somewhere at a quiet restaurant, I make us a tray of snacks. Starting out with prayer over our time, we dream big but plan sensible. It is said that if you don't plan out your time others will and take all the control away.
The top things that couples fight over is communication and money so....we find by doing this we hit the top two right off. Works for us!
Friday, July 25, 2014
When you go over seas and you see the desperation, humility and thankfulness in everyone who walks for miles just to stay all day long with very little food and water to a church service, it makes you really think. They are disappointed if the service goes less than three hours. They are hoping that the nights service will last longer.
The new members want it Excellent and expect your services to be professional. Because, bless God, if McDonald's can be professional in all of its marketing and so on, then I expect my kids to have an A Class experience at your church.
Or From the traditional folks We have always done it this way and that's the way it should be done! God never changes yesterday,today and forever!
I have heard many statements and questions as a pastor's wife over the years that leaves me shaking my head wondering if we are pastors of a church or a daycare.
* Where is the slide and balls for my kids like my last church?
* God's Spirit should not be confined to a back room. We need long drawn out times at the alter.
* I am new and I don't know how to pray and I would love to have someone help me learn how to pray one on one.
* I love the lights low, because it makes my worship intimate with God.
* Why do we have to turn the lights low it makes it feel spooky?
* Why can't our church prayer list website be open to all of the public? Everyone should be free to pray.
* I want just our church family to pray about what God is doing in my life not the whole world.
* You mean I can't just come in and sit down and get fed on Sunday, I have to find a place to serve somewhere? I have always done it that way. You feed me and I play all week and do what I want to do. My spiritual walk is left up to the pastor on a 25 min. message.
* I am equal to the pastor and you owe me a thank you for helping your cause. (says the 24 year old girl arrogantly who has never pastored and thinks its about a mans cause and not the CAUSE OF CHRIST)
* I am really mad at my father (but since I can't see God I will take it out on you Pastor. Let me disrespect you and dishonor you.)
* I will never submit to no man! (because I was abused by authority when I was young and still hold that hurt) So I will never call any man pastor.
* Why can't my family be the leader in all the areas of the church?
* When I was young my family got hurt by ministry( now I am out to HURT the ministry!)
* The music and lights are to loud and flashy.
* The music needs to be for everyone, we like hymnals too.
* Bless God...I'm the Sheriff around here it doesn't get done unless it passes through me. I have been on the board for a long time so I deserve some respect. The board leads, not the pastor. After all he will be leaving when we say.
* I have been in all the big churches I know how it's done. I know more than the pastor. (what they are really saying is they know more than the vision of the Holy Spirit for that house.)
* My tithes is private!
* Everyone needs to see the number on the board for tithes and offerings
* We have been here longer than you, new pastor. We will run things around here.
* Or the picky mom....EWWW that baby coughed on my baby, why is he in here?
* I want my worship to be private!
* I think we should all lift our hands and dance around the alter.
* Healing? What's that?
* We are healed by his stripes! Now anoint me with oil!
* Where is the Pastor? I want him to do it all.
* Who are you? I want the pastor to pray for me.
* You expect me to do the work of the ministry. I thought that was the pastor's job. That's what we pay him for!
* If I don't fall out at the alter than I didn't get touched by God!
* Please do not scare me Holy Spirit. I am new and I do not know what is going on.
* Where is the choir?
* Why don't we have a coffee cafe like all the other cool churches?
The list goes on and on......................................................
God never meant for for all our interpretations to be fed into what a church should be. Balance is the key.
The focus should be Souls. If we peel back all the new and the old ideas, we will find a very simple and pure Gospel.
A lot of Traditions are meant to be broken because they do not work. Yet, Every new relevant thing is not whats best. Let's keep the main thing the Main Thing! Let's win People to Christ. Feed your walk through out the week and stop your controlling opinionated ideas of the past. Become a self feeder! Have a relationship with God. Soccer mom, your kids deserve to have a great place to hear the gospel but this is not Disney Land!. Simply put, it's a church. It's not perfect. It is growing and changing with the times so that it can have something for the next generation and all the new souls to come.
Thursday, July 24, 2014
There are hundreds of ways to cook grilled chicken breast. Here is another great way to do this that I find easy. It is delicious! (cleaned balanced living)
Cilantro Salsa Chicken
4 Boned, skinned chicken breast halves
1/4 cup lime juice
1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
6 cloves chopped garlic
1 tbls. honey
1 tbl. olive oil
1/2 tsp. sea salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
Pound the chicken into even thickness, around 1/2 inch thick. Place in a shallow baking dish. In a small bowl, mix together lime juice, cilantro, garlic, honey, olive oil, salt and pepper. Pour over the chicken. Cover and chill for at least 30 minutes, but up to over night. Lay on the grill over medium heat for approx. 4-6 minutes per side.
Top with Fresh tomato salsa.
2 ripe tomatoes chopped
2 tbls. chopped red onion
1/4 diced avocado
6 sprigs of cilantro, chopped
2 cloves of chopped garlic
juice of 1 lime
2 tbl olive oil
1/4 tsp salt
Combine all ingredients in a bowl and let rest for 15 minutes.
My son and I take a few recipes and experience with them together. This week one of them was poached eggs. I love eggs over medium. Most of my family loves them over hard. This recipe is quick and easy. We serve this over toast and cheese sauce. (Martha Stewart Directions)
- 3 or 4 large eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons butter
- ground nutmeg
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1In a small saucepan, gradually stir cornstarch into milk until smooth.
- 2Add butter salt, pepper, and nutmeg to taste stirring constantly over medium heat until boiling.
- 3Boil 1 minute to thicken.
- 4Add cheese and stir until smooth.
- 5Keep warm.
- Ways to serve poached eggs.
Tuesday, July 22, 2014
Exercise is not my favorite thing to do. However, I love walking, swimming, riding bikes and horseback riding. Yet, it seems that is not enough for me and my metabolism right now after going through a Thyroid Storm. With all the medications I have to take for now I have to be more fat burning creative to just keep the weight at bay. It has been a difficult experience. Here Is a video I want to keep as a daily routine a couple times a day.(to my own music)